Wilson Combat 1911
Flat-Wire Recoil Spring Kit, 4″ Compact/Professional .38 Super, Chrome Silicon, 15 Lb..
Recommended Use: Compact / Professional Size 4″ .38 Super +P full charge target or self-defense ammunition or .45 ACP shooting target ammunition with a power factor of 140,000 to 165,000 ( Velocity x Bullet Weight = Power Factor )
Average Service Life: 40,000 Rounds
NOTE: This is the standard recoil spring we install in our compact / professional .38 Super pistols.
This Wilson Combat innovation solves the issue of recoil spring fatigue in compact 1911 handguns and will greatly enhance overall compact pistol reliability.
Compact size 1911’s are noted for being extra hard on recoil springs and as your stock recoil spring takes a set and tension is reduced, the magazine spring will struggle to keep up or a last round feed malfunction can occur.
The new Wilson Combat Bullet Proof® Compact Spring Kit includes a hardened stainless steel full-length recoil guide rod, hardened stainless steel reverse spring plug and a chrome silicon 15 pound flat wire spring that will last many times longer than conventional compact recoil springs. The flat wire spring has a longer free length with more coils and resists tension loss much better than conventional round wire springs. The guide rod head is clearanced for compact barrel lugs and link.
The Bullet Proof® Compact Spring Kit has been extensively endurance tested and is a drop in-part with no fitting required. The .250” diameter rod can be re-installed at home or in the field easily without tools or using a takedown pin or bent paperclip.
- Improves Cycling and Overall Operation
- Improved Recoil Spring Life
- Hardened Stainless Steel Full-Length Guide Rod Machined from Barstock
- .250″ Rod Diameter
- Guide Rod Head is Clearanced for Compact Barrel Lugs and Link
- Hardened Stainless Steel Reverse Spring Plug
- 15# Chrome Silicon Flat-Wire Recoil Spring
- Longer Free Length with More Coils
- Resists Tension Loss Much Better than Conventional Round Wire Springs
Compatible with the following handguns:
- Wilson Combat 4″ Compact (.38 Super) – Tactical Supergrade Compact, Ultralight Carry Compact, CQB Compact, CQB Light-Rail Lightweight Compact
- Wilson Combat 4″ Professional (.38 Super) – Tactical Supergrade Professional, CQB Light-Rail Lightweight Professional, Professional, Professional Lightweight
- Kimber 4″ Compact (.38 Super) – Compact Stainless II, Compact CDP II, Compact Series 1
- Kimber 4″ Professional (.38 Super) – Pro Carry II, Stainless Pro Carry II, Pro Carry HD II, Pro TLE II, Pro TLE/RL II, Stainless Pro TLE II, Stainless Pro TLE II (LG), Stainless Pro TLE/RL II, Pro Crimson Carry II, Tactical Pro II, Eclipse Pro II, Eclipse Pro Target II, Pro Covert II, Pro Aegis II, Pro CDP II, Pro Raptor II, Stainless Pro Raptor II, Super Carry Pro, Super Carry Pro HD
NOTE: This kit is not compatible with any Colt or Springfield Armory firearm